Focus and Scope
The Journal of Bioresources and Bioproducts is an international journal devoted to advance and disseminate the high-quality original research, theory, and best practice of science and engineering in all fields of bioresource-related chemicals/materials and their advanced applications.
The Journal welcomes review, communication, and full paper (templates available). Contributions should focus on one or more of the following topics:
· Cultivation and characterization of lignocellulosic biomass
· Structure-property relationships of forest bioproducts and engineering wood products
· Forest bioresource production and process
· Chemical and physical modifications of cellulose and bioproducts
· Conversion of forest bioresources into biomaterials, biochemical, biofuel and bioenergy from lignocelluloses
· Bio-based nanomaterials and application
· Bio-based stimuli materials for intelligent application
· Lignocellulosic products, and cellulose-, hemicellulose-, and lignin-based products and composites
· Agrochemical carriers from bioresources for plant growth
· Pulping, papermaking and packaging technology
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The statement includes three parts contents: duties of authors, duties of editors, and duties of reviewers. Please find the full statement here.
For all published articles, the Journal of Bioresources and Bioproducts (JBB) is granted the following rights:
· The exclusive right to publish and distribute an article, and to grant rights to others, including for commercial purposes.
· The JBB will apply the relevant third-party user license where we publish the article on our online platforms.
· The right to provide the article in all forms and media so the article can be used on the latest technology even after publication.
· The authority to enforce the rights in the article, on behalf of an author, against third parties, for example in the case of plagiarism or copyright infringement.
Journal's Privacy Statement
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Peer Review Process
All submissions to the Research Articles section, Review section, and Communication section of Journal of Bioresources and Bioproducts (JBB) undergo blind peer review by a minimum of two PhD-prepared reviewers and the review process will be managed by the managing editor. JBB adapts an automated system for web-based submission of articles and efficient tracking of the review and approval process.
Typically, authors receive the first round of opinions on their submission in two to three weeks, pending the availability of qualified peer reviewers. If accepted, submissions are usually published in the next available issue, meaning that the time from submission to publication can take as little as two to three weeks. The mean time from submission to acceptance, however, is six weeks.
Peer reviewers are chosen based upon their research interests and their expertise. Most peer reviewers hold PhDs. A reviewer who does not hold a PhD may be selected as a third reviewer of a paper in addition to two PhD-prepared academics.
Peer reviewers are asked to evaluate and judge submissions regarding how well a submitted article meets the criteria of "new, true, and important." Peer reviewers are asked to indicate their assessment as excellent, satisfactory, unsatisfactory, or not applicable and also to provide comments. Reviewers' comments are extremely important to help the authors revise and improve their papers.
Currently the Journal of Bioresources and Bioproducts is published on a biannual schedule. Each new issue will be published on the web as soon as its articles have fully completed the approval and editing process. In the future, the Journal will follow a continuous batch publication process, which means that a new issue is published upon acceptance of a sufficient number of original research articles (N = 6). If submissions are of sufficient rigor and quality, they can be published in as little as two months after receipt.
Open Access Policy
The Journal of Bioresources and Bioproducts is a refereed, open access e-journal that disseminates original research of science and engineering of bioresources and their products. All contents, such as fundamental and applied research papers, review articles, technical notes, and short communications are available free-of-charge to anyone with access to the Internet. Users can view and download all the papers without restriction and without charge. Users can fairly use the content for research and educational purposes. The journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence. The copyright of all content published in the journal is retained by the authors.